Gardabani (Georgianგარდაბანი) is a town in the Georgian region of Kvemo Kartli, and the centre of the Garbabani district, located 39 km south of Georgia’s capital Tbilisi.

As of 2002, its population was 19,900 people. The town is roughly (43%)[1] Azerbaijani-populated. Formerly known as Karayazi, it was renamed, after a nearby located ruined medieval fortress Qaratepe, to Gardabani in 1947 and was given the status of a city in 1969. A thermal power station located in Gardabani currently provides the capital city of Tbilisi with most of its heat